Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms (England)

log burners and fire risk

11 Mar 2016 | 1 comment

Hi one of my landlords has a log burner in the house, which the tenant wishes to use, would I need to do a fire risk assessment.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    If the property is a regular house occupied by a family or couple only no, a fire risk assessment is not necessary but the log burner must be safe on supply. Therefore you should have it checked before occupation which is a similar check to a gas safety.

    Also, don’t forget you must install a carbon monoxide alarm in the room where the log burner is located (in addition to smoke alarms on each storey).

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)