Ending a Tenancy (England) | England | Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England)

Need to re-issue a previously invalid S21?

14 Jan 2022 | 2 comments

If a section 21 is issued by the landlord who had not complied with deposit and gas safety requirements i.e. S21 was invalid and the landlord has now had gas installation safety checked and returned the deposit to the tenants. does the landlord now have to issue a new section 21 and would it be valid?



  1. guildy

    A new section 21 would need to be served, as all requirements must be completed before it’s served.

    There are a number of requirements (not just those mentioned here) for serving a section 21 so the best thing to do is go through our wizard which will help determine.

  2. JungleProperty

    Thank you Guildy – much appreciated

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)