Electrical Safety and Electrical Goods (Wales) | Responsibilities and Liabilities (Wales) | Wales

New Electrical Safety Rules for Landlords

10 Feb 2021 | 1 comment


I am somewhat confused after reading your recent article. Let me try and explain why. For all my properties I have always had either a new Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate done by an electrician and/or when the property requires a new inspection as the date has become due. I give the tenants a copy of this document along with their EPC, Gas Certificate etc Currently, I believe this is not a statutory requirement, but its something I have always done.

Reading the article brings in Electrical Inspection Condition Reports and explains who can carry these out. My confusion is what’s the difference between these new documents and what I currently supply

Thanks for your help


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    The rules referred to only relate to England.

    For Wales, it will be arriving later (as yet date unknown).

    Therefore, for Wales, you just need to give the EPC and gas safety record under statute with the electrical remaining optional (but a very good idea to do so).

    The only exception in Wales would be if any licence has conditions about providing an electrical report. If there are any conditions, that should be followed accordingly.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)