Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England)

non payment of rent

1 Jul 2018 | 1 comment

we have a tenant who paid 20th april when moving in ,they haven’t paid anything for may or june ,now owing 880
they are a couple but only the female is on the tenancy ,but i only get hold of him on the phone , he keeps coming up with excuse after excuse, what is my next move?
John Jackson


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    You should serve a section 8 notice in the first instance.

    When they’ve been in the property for at least 4 months, you can also serve a section 21 notice as a backup.

    The section 8 needs to be 18 days long, after which, you can apply for a court possession order.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)