Ending a Tenancy (England) | England | Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England)

Old AST and children now over 18

15 Feb 2021 | 1 comment

AST was 2012, there were children under 18 at the time, now they are over 18, LL wants to do a rent increase without issuing a new AST, so should a s48 be done (to include new tenants – children) then the rent increase notice ?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    The children turning 18 won’t, by itself, make them tenants. Therefore, the section 13 rent increase can be sent to the named tenants as per the tenancy agreement.

    A section 48 is not necessary as there are no new tenants nor has the landlord presumably changed details since.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)