We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Joint and Several Tenancies (Wales) | Tenancy Agreements (Wales) | Tenant Moves Out (England) | What to Do if the Tenancy Is to Continue (Wales)

Renew Contract Agreements

7 Jul 2016 | 1 comment

A tenant has rented from us for the past 6 years, unfortunately his wife left him sometime ago, what should we do with regards to renewing his contract (so that he is named solely) and his protected deposit with the DPS. Obviously his wife is still on all of these documents and needs to come off.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Assuming everybody is in agreement (I can’t imagine the wife complaining at no longer being liable for rent), you should just start again with a new tenancy. This can start anytime as the old one will end once the new one is signed. I would make it start from a rent day to make it a smooth transition.

    The deposit will need to be unprotected and then reprotected in the single name. You could have it paid directly to you to save time, then you can just instantly reprotect it.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)