Deposits and Tenancy Deposit Schemes (Wales) | Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (Wales)

Can I Claim Deposit For Rent Arrears

24 May 2016 | 1 comment

Hi. Tenant owes 2 months rent. I have served a section 21 and 8 and the tenant has now vacated the property still owing the rent saying to give her a few more days to pay it. The deposit is in the DPS custodial scheme and DPS have been contacted by the ex tenant to claim 100% of her deposit back. The DPS are asking me to reply in agreement or disagreement. Can I claim 100% of the deposit in lieu of the rent she owes please.
Cheers Dave ward 890


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    You absolutely can claim for rent arrears against the deposit.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)