We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Ending a Tenancy (England) | England | Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England)

Section 21 tenant has changed name

15 Sep 2020 | 1 comment

My sister and I are joint owners of a property rented to a single lady. the tenant signed an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement dated 17th November 2004 term 6 months certain. She has not signed any other agreement so I understand that this has now become a Periodic Tenancy

Her name on the front of the tenancy agreement is Mrs Anne Jones, and she signed the tenancy agreement Anne Jones, but she has since changed her name to Anne Smith. Do I have to put both names on the section 21 notice where it asks for the name of the tenant. i.e. Mrs Anne Jones (now Anne Smith).

Thank You.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    You would just put the new name on the notice.

    If it gets to court (hopefully not), a little note can be made somewhere just one line explaining name changed through marriage.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)