Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England) | Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England)

Section 8

4 Aug 2017 | 2 comments

Does the tenant need to be in FULL 2 months of arrears before I can serve the notice ?



  1. guildy

    That is the ideal yes. It is possible to serve a section 8 for lower arrears but then the claim becomes discretionary for the court and your not guaranteed possession. When they are two months in arrears or more, the claim becomes mandatory and the court must order possession.

    Have in mind, where the rent is monthly in advance, two months in arrears is one month plus one day of non-payment.

    Please see here for the notice.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)