Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England) | Licensing of Private Rented Properties (England)

section 8 and licensing

26 Sep 2016 | 1 comment

i know you cant serve s21 without a license, what is the position re s8?


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    It is only section 21 that is affected although it should be noted in certain circumstances a rent repayment order can be made where there hasn’t been a licence in place which could reduce the arrears below the 2 months threshold.

    An application for a licence (without it actually being issued) is sufficient to serve a section 21.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)