We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Landlord Responsibility for Repairs and Maintenance (England) | Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England) | Retaliatory Evictions (England)

Selling a property

31 Oct 2016 | 1 comment

I am in the middle of renovating a property following an environmental (safety)recommendation from the local council. Seriously contemplating selling this property now as soon as I am able to.

How do I approach this as I am aware you can not ask a tennant to leave following a complaint about repairs. The repairs have cost a lot in terms of money and effort, being let down by builders e.t.c.

Can I just inform the tenant I am selling given the circumstances explained above?



1 Comment

  1. guildy

    This very much depends on the dates of the tenancy and what notice has been served etc.

    Please see this article to begin with and then if you have further questions afterwards, please come straight back to us.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)