England | Lettings Options (England) | Pre-tenancy (England)

tenancy rights

23 Oct 2020 | 1 comment

i would like to buy a 3 bed house from some friends (at market value)  and allow them to rent the house back from me on AST is this possible and what are the steps i will need to take to make it legal  and avoid future problems for me and them  as tenants.


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    This would be called a sale and rent back. Although this isn’t something we cover, as far as we know, you have to be regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and the rules are exceptionally strict. It’s a criminal offence to do a sale and rent back without being regulated and following the rules.

    Please see here for example.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)