Preventing Controlling and Recovering Rent Arrears (England)

Tenant in 2 months plus arrears

16 May 2018 | 2 comments

I have a tenant in a HMO that is in over two months in arrears. There are 5 other tenants living in the same house all with individual AST. He has always been a bit late and irregular payer. He signed a normal 12 months AST about 18 months ago. I have misplaced my copy of the AST. I want to get him out. Please advise what my options are.



  1. guildy

    You should serve a section 8 notice on the grounds of the two months arrears and also a section 21 notice as a back up (2 months notice without reason).

    The fact you can’t find the tenancy shouldn’t be a major problem, especially for the section 8 notice.

    Both notices are available through our wizard

  2. ShamimKhan

    Thanks for your valuable comments.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)