Landlord Wants Tenant to Leave (England) | Types of Tenancies (England)

Type of notice

8 Sep 2017 | 1 comment

Occupier pays no rent been there 5 years and doenst own the property or related to landlord and is there due to her ex being the nephew of the owner the ex … the owner Let the his nephew reside these with the occupier who were then in a relationship and now it’s just her there … what notice needs to be served


1 Comment

  1. guildy

    Assuming no rent is payable (as opposed to rent being due but not being paid) just a letter asking them to leave within a month will be sufficient. There is no formal notice need for this because no rent is payable. They are therefore an excluded tenancy by way of section 3A Protection from Eviction Act 1977.

    If they then fail to leave a court order is the best option.

Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)