Linked article iconWood burning stoves and what agents need to know.

With regards to any fuel burning appliance installed after October 2010 it must comply with appropriate Building Regulations. This means that any such appliance must either have been installed by a HETAS approved engineer, who can then self certificate, or specific Building Regulation consent should have been obtained. A homeowner should ensure that such certification is kept in a safe place as this may be required. Under these regulations a carbon monoxide detector will also have to be installed which the landlord will have to check is in good order. The landlord will then be responsible for the ongoing maintenance and repair of such a stove whilst it is in the property.

This was posted some time ago so this is a bit of a catch up on articles to do and also to test the new linked posts.

The article provides useful guidance if you let property with a wood burner.

Source: Painsmith landlord and tenant blog