We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
We have now moved to our new websites - [England](https://england.landlordsguild.com) or [Wales](https://wales.landlordsguild.com)
powered by bulletin


Deposits and Tenancy Deposit Schemes (Wales) | Tenancy Agreements (Wales)

Relevant person

11 Jun 2020 | 3 comments

Hi guildy, filling out an AST, the tenant moving in has applied to Caerphilly council for the deposit and first months rent off them and the council are paying it direct to me. Do Caerphilly council  become a relevant person on the AST please. If so, how am I able to get them to sign the AST as the relevant person please.




  1. Imported

    13/10/2019 1:24 pm
    If the council pay the deposit as money (i.e. not a bond guarantee) then they will be a relevant person. You will need the contact name of the person dealing with the claim and then send the prescribed information to them for signature.

    We had one personally like this recently and when sending the tenancy etc. for remote signature via Signable.co.uk, we added the relevant person to the recipients list and it all went smoothly.


  2. Imported

    17/10/2019 6:45 pm

    Hi guildy, they won’t accept that they are a relevant person, so I have filled in the prescribed information with them as a relevant person and sent it to them signed by myself and the tenant. On your advice it is up to them whether they sign or not I have done my bit. Haven’t had to deal with a relevant person before so I take it I send them a copy of the DPS certificate, do I also send them an F033 please


  3. Imported

    17/10/2019 7:57 pm

    All sounds good.

    If you’re sending them the certificate from the DPS, there’s no need to to send F033 too – the certificate will be sufficient.


Submit a Comment

View your previously asked questions. (Will only show questions from August 2020)

(Link above back to topic only works for questions added after end of August 2020)