In order to have a valid contract, there must be offer, acceptance and consideration. Consideration is something of economic value which is why often you see companies being purchased for £1.00. If no money was paid, it could be argued there was no contract which is why a nominal price is paid to cover consideration. Of course, a guarantor pays no money to the landlord for the privilege of being a guarantor and the landlord is offering no service or product to the guarantor, therefore there can be no contract.
- COVID-19 Rent Arrears And Landlord Tax 19/09/2020
- Understanding Possession Action During Covid-19 18/09/2020
- New HMO Bill Passes First Westminster Hurdle Almost Unnoticed 17/09/2020
- Arrangements for When Possession Claims Start 17/09/2020
- Website Changes and Roadmap 2020 16/09/2020