The Welsh Assembly is considering measures to help develop and improve the private rented sector in Wales. The changes build on measures that have already been introduced and support their aim of having a vibrant, sustainable private rented sector in Wales (their words not mine!)
The proposals set out include:
- introducing a national register of private landlords;
- regulation of private sector letting agents and managing agents;
- written tenancy agreements;
- increase in threshold for assured short-hold tenancies; and
- improving the information base on the private rented sector in Wales.
Responses must be submitted by 14 May 2010.
Further information and the consultation paper is available here